Subject: 👓 Can you afford a car if you're unemployed?
From: Caleb Hammer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 May 2026 22:01:28 +0000 (UTC)

**********
THE HAMMER
**********

Breaking Down Money, Building Up Wealth.

Reality check: you don’t get to have a car if you’re unemployed.

Sorry, not sorry.

Let’s say a hypothetical person (cough, a former guest on the
show) was basically unemployed.

* Living on a limited VA disability check
* Negative account balance
* Pending eviction
* $16K in collections
* No family to fall back on

Pretty bleak right?

And yet, he had a 2024 Chevy Malibu with a $410 monthly payment.

I’m honestly impressed he was even able to get a loan for it…

So I got real honest. Real fast.

Sell the car, wipe out $15,000 of the debt, and take the bus.

His response?

“Okay, but how can I keep the car?”

facepalm
This guy must have a sub-basement IQ!

And I don't want you to make the same mistake.

So I’m gonna make this so clear, Stevie Wonder could see through
it:

You can’t spend money you don’t have.

Period.

Let's just pray that Chevy Malibu has a comfy back seat, because
bro’s about to be living in it.

And look, we got his shit straightened out.

Last I heard, he was able to sell the car and get a job he could
walk to.

See, we keep in touch with all our guests, hypothetical or not,
and try to give them all the tools they need to get on their
feet.

The people who are willing to do the work always end up okay.

they really are
Meanwhile, the ones who have their come-to-Jesus moment and STILL
refuse to do anything…

Well, I hope Rico’s okay.

And speaking of always doing my best to help out people who are
willing to do the work:

We're doing a casting call for a special, in-person project right
here in Austin for Dollarwise.

We’re testing out some brand new concepts and we need real people
to help us out.

So if you’re local to the Austin area and want to participate in
this new project, apply right here. (
https://733480cc.click.convertkit-mail4.com/r8u346qvxmfoh3rkmg8i2hd0deo88h7hm9k2w/n2hohvhv0dxop8s6/aHR0cHM6Ly9nby5kb2xsYXJ3aXNlLmNvbS9jNTM=
)

Seriously, locals only okay?

In return for your time, we’ll pay you a sweet $250.

Come hang out, talk money, and get paid for it.

And stop complaining that you're broke if you refuse to make the
hard sacrifices.

Taquitos,

Caleb “No Car For You” Hammer

P.S. Not local?

I still wanna help.

My Summer Budget Reset is STILL available.

But not for long…

So let’s talk about tomorrow.

Tomorrow, you could wake up knowing you made the right move.

Dollarwise is set up.

Your courses are loaded.

You've got a plan for the summer and you're not going into it
blind.

ready for anything
Or…

Tomorrow you wake up and nothing’s changed.

You’re still lost financially.

You still aren’t tracking your money.

And you still need help.

One of those feels better than the other.

You already know which one.

Here's everything you get when you grab it today:

​
​- Full year of Dollarwise: track every dollar, see every
pattern, stop the leaks

- 4-course financial education bundle: budgeting, debt payoff,
investing, mindset

- Budget-friendly cookbook: free, digital, yours forever
​

​[Grab it here for 67% OFF] (
https://733480cc.click.convertkit-mail4.com/r8u346qvxmfoh3rkmg8i2hd0deo88h7hm9k2w/48hvhehm8op2ephx/aHR0cHM6Ly9nby5kb2xsYXJ3aXNlLmNvbS9zdW1tZXItZGVhbA==
)​

​
​

​
​

​Unsubscribe (
https://733480cc.unsubscribe.convertkit-mail4.com/r8u346qvxmfoh3rkmg8i2hd0deo88h7hm9k2w
) · Preferences (
https://preferences.convertkit-mail4.com/r8u346qvxmfoh3rkmg8i2hd0deo88h7hm9k2w
)​

​