Subject: A couple things on my mind...
From: Blake Allsmith <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2026 14:31:22 +0000 (UTC)

Hey folks!

Happy Friday! A couple things on my mind...

1. Wispr (
https://aa179d84.click.kit-mail3.com/0vu0xv56gxf9h9r3vloalhv70mkxvfnhd7v2o/e0hph7h7o04gwmc8/aHR0cHM6Ly93aXNwcmZsb3cuYWkv
): Have you tried Wispr Flow yet? It's voice-to-text software;
you hit the fn key and talk, and it uses AI to handle
punctuation, capitalization, etc. But the speed isn't actually
the main unlock for me. What changed my workflow is how it pairs
with AI. When you're typing a prompt, you tend to write it
linearly and ship it. When you're talking, you naturally loop
back, add context, rephrase, contradict yourself, circle an idea
from three angles before landing. All of that extra texture goes
into the prompt, and the AI output gets noticeably better because
of it. Honestly, even if dictation were the same speed as typing,
I'd still use it just for this. If you're working with AI a lot,
it's worth the switch. (The iPhone app still kind of stinks tho,
bc Apple is being territorial.)

2. To Do Capture System: Between our rental properties and our
home, we have a lot to get done around the house in the spring.
Chandler and I used to keep a shared Apple Notes folder, but it
got overwhelming fast. The bigger issue wasn't tracking tasks, it
was that we had no shared way to decide what actually mattered
that week. So this week I built a simple system:
- Capture: This has to be simple. I did a Google Form with three
questions (Task, Location, Who's submitting: me, Chandler, or my
mother in law Donna, who helps manage the properties).
​ - Prioritize/Schedule: That form auto-populates into our weekly
meeting spreadsheet, where Chandler and I score urgency, decide
DIY vs hire out, and schedule it. I even auto-generate a
suggested priority score.
​​
Here (
https://aa179d84.click.kit-mail3.com/0vu0xv56gxf9h9r3vloalhv70mkxvfnhd7v2o/7qh7h8h95oz7pqiz/aHR0cHM6Ly9kb2NzLmdvb2dsZS5jb20vc3ByZWFkc2hlZXRzL2QvMUgteGl1Z2ZmNnE4b3UzQjZxc1c1OU53VXBhV2oteFVQbHRpOUFIa2piYUEvZWRpdD91c3A9c2hhcmluZw==
) is what the spreadsheet looks like, you'll have to wire up the
Google Form yourself to make the connection.

3. Parenting Book For Siblings: Having a large family w/ a wide
age span (7 kids, 14-->1) I'm noticing that one of our biggest
challenges is that our younger kids are in many ways being
parented partially by our older kids. This just happens
naturally, Chandler or I will leave the room and if the younger
acts out, the older kid will correct them. There are a couple
recurring behaviors with our younger kids, that I keep wondering
"what makes you think this bad behavior will work?" Then I
realized, it was working on the older kids. So - the solution is
that every day at breakfast we've been reading through a short
chapter of a parenting book (
https://aa179d84.click.kit-mail3.com/0vu0xv56gxf9h9r3vloalhv70mkxvfnhd7v2o/owhkhqhwdrovl9cv/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYW1hem9uLmNvbS9XaGF0LUdyZWF0LVBhcmVudHMtRG8tU3RyYXRlZ2llcy1lYm9vay9kcC9CMDE1RExVU0xHL3JlZj10bW1fa2luX3N3YXRjaF8w
) together and walking through scenarios of how they can apply
the principles as siblings. It's been really helpful so far. AMA.

That's it for this week!

Best,

Blake

​Unsubscribe (
https://aa179d84.unsubscribe.kit-mail3.com/0vu0xv56gxf9h9r3vloalhv70mkxvfnhd7v2o
) | Update your profile (
https://preferences.kit-mail3.com/0vu0xv56gxf9h9r3vloalhv70mkxvfnhd7v2o
) | 1455 Dalton Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45214