Subject: IRA Rules: 8 Things to Know, and more | April 2026
From: "Charles Schwab & Co., Inc." <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2026 14:08:14 -0600

Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.

 

 

 

 

  

  

 https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbdymYZhvuY4NNYOfFgwtzBCISpcXUzCEye3hifVcsjzCMVhMVIgc4UMBabB1bAkTrG27mG1wQAijt_VfcYKlE8MHLgvPM-2lwu6 
view on web 

  April 21, 2026

 

 

 

Investing Insights

  

 Your monthly roundup of financial planning, retirement, and market trends from Schwab. 

  

 
 
 Gambler's Blues: Betting Isn't Investing

 

 By Liz Ann Sonders, Kevin Gordon

 

 Gambling is rising in popularity, blurring lines between betting vs. investing. Misunderstanding the key differences can endanger financial security.

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbdzApdVSkKzv7KpoS-W2hV8WYEO_TN7-gk09V5HGSbQzwuzXp_PlOWLVpsahgwdg4HAzQx9RgtvKGiP3QQm3Zqy1SgSbx4sn4PajBx8PQ 
Read the article  

  

 
 
 IRA Rules: 8 Things You Need to Know

 

 By Hayden Adams

 

 Knowing about different IRA rules can help you make better decisions about which type of retirement account best suits your situation.

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbd0fSFPIXtkfD6IxMFLEMAvmBib4xyrB8vi3LBpC3kfj753P22Oyhd1NaA7CgAv3F44WDg9fDuOTDxqgwTSWBjj1i4Tlie7lo_XMjJmCg 
Read the article  

  

 
 
 Should You Consider a Roth 401(k)?

 

 By Hayden Adams

 

 With their federal tax-free earnings and large contribution limits, Roth 401(k)s could be a useful addition to your retirement-savings toolbox.

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbd1PJEGWlLvBJWFDR-gCW7dQoQ_ve6IlYOXpKISAQFMqntEP5tBnDq8uVkmVeFaUzrVS2RVJvHlqP2TUtcH52fkCotAswFnpjHxgQGgrg 
Read the article  

Join us on May 1 for Education Day

In honor of National Investing Day, the Schwab Coaching® team will be hosting a special day of educational events designed to help you take ownership of your financial future. 
https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbd2tToVuQG51Bj5xA8KzAf9x3OH2RoYoASwHiJdI5UT9GOcWzGoFSOnBLObqkrV4hJvM5kg2w3cwBNr7vLd1fF_YIYfybjieqmd 
Register now .

  

 
 
 What Are Tax Brackets, and How Do They Work?

 

 By Hayden Adams

 

 Learn how tax brackets and rates can affect your tax bill and potentially influence investment decisions.

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbd3rUDbMwH_FdruNxtaFqslLGld12BIxfMj8eWRfKhlxdMBWBq2BfM_fLVkbWjstxJV_i3l7beb-zHoy6aotzayYsrj7EeKR1btz3DzJg 
Read the article  

  

 
 
 Capital Gains Tax Rates: Short-term vs. Long-term

 

 By Hayden Adams

 

 When an asset is sold for a profit, Uncle Sam wants his share. Depending on your income level, your capital gains rate might be lower than your ordinary tax rate.

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbd4cq20YfPUhLa81xORY4Nw8Uq0FoeIEGRCyLFF35E0oUhPXrEE0BsE3nTasZKh3ZEz87kPRRv_Tj7-qf0jPBITNQifTZfBj5-rZK0pTQ 
Read the article  

  

 
 
 What Is the Saver's Credit and How Does It Work?

 

 By Hayden Adams

 

 If you contribute to an IRA, 401(k), or other retirement plan, you may qualify for the Saver's Credit. Learn more about how the Saver's Tax Credit works.

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbd59QpSKDjG4-gfNTkOMfDAXgdSeqf3L_UE9IRUI6HHQZDnW_1u8qc-ebhg3K5xgC35kjhhf-1k8HUVAVKAf8T4Y20Q5RwaeYOtlgF-Qw 
Read the article  

  

 
 
 How Much Insurance Do You Need?

 

 By Austin Jarvis, Joseph Reyes

 

 Insurance offers not just downside protection but also financial stability. Here's a look at the costs and considerations of several types of insurance coverage.

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbd6vIqWpERyM96VHXvJ_5qBCJTLS4UlmRGF3wx0vqHOA5RpNPoWGetxzReFTTkwpNSxq8EweEdHrlXafPWG3oFQ4Wo2CGrwnaD9obHQBg 
Read the article  

Quiz

A 10% rise in oil prices generally boosts inflation by how much over the following year?

 A. 0.4%

 B. 0.8%

 C. 1%

 D. 2%

Keep scrolling to see if you got it right.

  

 
 
 Schwab Market Perspective: Navigating Uncertainty

 

 By Liz Ann Sonders, Kevin Gordon, Collin Martin, Michelle Gibley, Chris Ferrarone

 

 Iran war-related headlines continue to cause volatility in the markets and oil prices to rise, but our experts remind readers that uncertain times might also present opportunities.

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbd7o5_rniUSW_JjkTC5dEs-1wVfOIForPiV3Qu6J62hOghoac0XjA0nBaSaGKaLHvAoUZ2XqhU51AtZHzl3YiogXUXAFkrFSD7_XLso6g 
Read the article  

  

 
 
 Key Issues in Washington Overshadowed by War

 

 By Michael Townsend

 

 War is dominating the headlines, but investors should keep an eye on Washington as policymakers grapple with other concerns, from Fed moves to budget fights to regulatory issues.

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbd8j5aIsTrzNLq8gkf4uFPIQWbk1IWVJ-gg57ECudfK0FxpWEmhFn0BP0m8OR8jP_f76WuonsDDZSC4gdCsR5C0J4YLcZYLuU-jpND2SQ 
Listen to the podcast  

  

 
 
 7 Ways to Cut Cross‑Country Move Costs

 

 By Caylie Taylor

 

 Moving across the country takes time and money, but it can be a fun adventure. Get practical tips from someone who's done it three times. Learn more.

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbd9jiUx1z4frpHr5mgg2Cl1hcLFw_7PgUm53K02ix89U8snXT8dcdvO-UE3xxACNy-lA0dcGxw-89gdTF5LwXoHP7UCuu0wK9ukmy6ew8U 
Read the article  

  

 
 
 What to Know about International Estate Planning

 

 By Schwab Center for Financial Research

 

 International estate planning doesn't have a one-size-fits-all strategy—learn about challenges non-U.S. citizens can face and what to consider when creating an estate plan.

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbd-U3rZfvdj5OXh0D2KJfGF2BaMdaO_wx3s7S-1OZZWVkCMGcmDcsUD9thWcdRyJp4BjBiJLRmhaq9pEtICtK-PsfqZom_EQInNP--prgg 
Read the article  

Quiz Answer

0.4%.
According to the Federal Reserve, a 10% rise in the price of oil contributes a 0.4% acceleration in the Consumer Price Index. Oil prices rose 40% in the three weeks after the United States and Israel began airstrikes on Iran on February 28, which could complicate things for the Fed in the coming months. Barring a quick resolution to the war, the central bank will closely watch not only oil prices themselves but how higher energy prices travel through supply chains and distribution networks.

Want to learn more?

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbd_t7xbRFQhCjx9cliqh4_QMXtz0ZwGQTaIU2_CrpFn9nPldrsO6w0YMgwASLA4KhVlVRjbLJZwdhUeYGbYA6EZ2za1OTrhXxP__NsMYA 
Visit us online

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbeAfugWBSC8mnTnj9yQZyRpaiL-5VHQzcx3SbckCUsKlHGixOzauKkkCu6bfkoMWJoQVj_o2eLvXrGylLJ7mbqQT5ZgHn56h-fc 
Facebook 

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbeBUho8rHbSM8kTcCLKl1N94nszGqEVNeC_Jeov6isykxEvKk8BiDA1bKOL9Le68Hm9PAyIuLM_H3SphRmNqh_EHWrOxKr7ASBL 

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbeC_rbp1EMd2rlOg0wMhr1JSWdfXVRWcGXkfnSv9wM0q7cYmkjDIkcv22GaIT1z2Wtgv_-szsH6sUuoObDvFFRLS5Wc5QdTu2b0 
Instagram 

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbeD_YgN3kYBB2vtDh3fcws_BH843YFXYticAUmHUW6exPiD_2K-8zYzdOfeo_OtJPteQ7o_Po9a9nKqBeyXgJJviuARp29FIda6 

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbeEMa69_un-adT_T2e_UQe-DDFLblddDjUZjCSFTjVmR7uc5fjMqRdQUT8H62lYkUwcceSI2D2fbCSOHaCNY0PPNI7DpN69hXMG 
LinkedIn 

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbeFMgBe4V7IhcZ29hbr5_vBY2f-4F8CxI5ovGLmFyDpwgfdEwtT0atgOT1rlcA3sDbBAgwrGIAzoQ8sy4xVckZTOZ8cuGxHD7Dd 

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbeG-uJE2cdSgr2xhuBxVeOtfaKOgIb6nDEHC5qqt03uExKAsWTNX9MsxX7sBMmYy6A9rDc1XBjT-NCnUIJ8CV0nEVyEnCTIft2J 
YouTube 

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbeH7ggHUdkvOxHMzXCZJ71rNtSmGdEyXS2SnOVKipurESE7gAphwNwaVn6piPg2rO_uh_h-1R5W241trZzE58opG_AAvWEKESp0 

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbeIwpQNxf7ne3tUOYAGftNFInpeLLoiEBkMG-RpoiFaSE9m2OXnNRvUuEUct77FQXOQdlWXC2v8NUmxX5iNYx4d1I9RTiBP5Z8y 
  
https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbeJJThbxoObdVVSTxNkPWQiIC1Te14gHhjCp0nBGbl3CeKs2QnwjwJx4v13ojpkGrUfW26dptBjKkw-uaMCOflrBvKVOE_Y5JGw 
  
https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbeKpOj8Fs6oD91R4CATuLFa4NT_3DWBBBQUnAp1xo68lpjJRA9O5Qr_TcXSJUIQFFIZS05XVDU9iknhkvMlQ6Qsrr53xzJCnmfx 
  
https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbeLJyFlp1GgTl8vIUOu_i-Il7aMGVsC--KC7gjCI0zxSnrhA8IpWr7G_1y2qjUXqlK4Zw72BGBqY4HOWtM3Ct0LSW8fDiNhqS-A 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbeN9yiALDOobrB9oWwiEHREP3K_ae6DBIlBmNzeGqrzfZZWSeqtEzqQ4pEFp4pW4cFOX94dyxsG1NF-wBMhZatRromQczky3x39mmK6Yw 
Unsubscribe 

 

 

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbePRfjo882eFXUQ1t8D_a8SXrCbkhSuzuwK9P_QPRPSf04UEs3PkI34JTRNxfyJZ3F5d4cyts3Pu4wJCfZjdP3fJAYFYisShf8xUAhn8w 
Manage Preferences 

 

 

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbeQHBMqPaKhzwIef5j9MmHv4z-fuJz6ReZ6UyzZKvVeQ3j6rXcf32ApeGTO9j33mYhe-ip-jeJfocPPJbMVdEyVwL2EnEJJm_gNyHkLIA 
Privacy 

 

 

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbeRhCeQYJdp1kfuJYQcOQseEN3F7xN7NBQ3XutKxkTqloeb4c_r5zu62TsjGs3M_Wb4hFPal655u3y6Z9oBmWvk_HQ5FY5TxU_9uzUf1Q 
Insights 

 

 

https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbeSsRDp23-azFe_EQyW47XSz2LBs8jx9H3pPUtSluOJ0DjLxsrdGLRasq5HKJJ3ARzdvcAbXbKBqTcmdsmG16hbb2a8T3zkJ5xUjcd0gg 
<img alt='secure' border='0' height='11' src='https://image.email.schwab.com/lib/fe9c13727665067c76/m/2/e92e2fd2-cae6-4b15-aaa8-aee8f88b3c67.png' style='padding-right:6px' width='9'> Log in 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 The Charles Schwab Corporation provides a full range of brokerage, banking and financial advisory services through its operating subsidiaries. Its broker-dealer subsidiary, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (Member SIPC), offers investment services and products, including Schwab brokerage accounts. Its banking subsidiary, Charles Schwab Bank, SSB (Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender), provides deposit and lending services and products. Access to Electronic Services may be limited or unavailable during periods of peak demand, market volatility, systems upgrade, maintenance, or for other reasons.

 The information provided here is for general informational purposes only and should not be considered an individualized recommendation or personalized investment advice. The investment strategies mentioned here may not be suitable for everyone. Each investor needs to review an investment strategy for his or her own particular situation before making any investment decision.

 All expressions of opinion are subject to change without notice in reaction to shifting market conditions. Data contained herein from third-party providers is obtained from what are considered reliable sources. However, its accuracy, completeness, or reliability cannot be guaranteed.

 Examples provided are for illustrative purposes only and not intended to be reflective of results you can expect to achieve.

Past performance is no guarantee of future results, and the opinions presented cannot be viewed as an indicator of future performance. 

 Investing involves risk, including loss of principal.

 The information and content provided herein is general in nature and is for informational purposes only. It is not intended, and should not be construed, as a specific recommendation, individualized tax, legal, or investment advice. Tax laws are subject to change, either prospectively or retroactively. Where specific advice is necessary or appropriate, individuals should contact their own professional tax and investment advisors or other professionals (CPA, Financial Planner, Investment Manager) to help answer questions about specific situations or needs prior to taking any action based upon this information.

 All names and market data shown above are for illustrative purposes only and are not a recommendation, offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy any security. Supporting documentation for any claims or statistical information is available upon request.

 Indexes are unmanaged, do not incur management fees, costs, and expenses and cannot be invested in directly. For more information on indexes, please see 
https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbeTNvg3kFL9Gxul49cLGZDIOvJ-63JM7zbXMbjKdNCRoETll6DXniIAErisRaxB_cqnY-y9nB-3mhZ6aPC_7NR_qnaQQiManiiK 
schwab.com/indexdefinitions .

 The Schwab Center for Financial Research is a division of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. 

 

 

 

  

 

 

   

 
If you have any questions or concerns, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. Instead, visit 
https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbeUWGfSK1Rv4O17oK_JLDONe9mHWVeVhlN2Y3fPvbitlXkDxq4KLavhFiNLIHGUhbJAjVh3dAraTogDjjoCkAoxLsjXFw922D01 
schwab.com/contact-us  to identify a fast and simple way to get in touch. To update your address using a secure channel, please 
https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbeVQblgbGL_ZudnmVTbMwJ59XokusP73uN-2D19GaUB5H2q5fxzamQzUGin9BBGZ3SNbYrxd4T7x939ELEr225akX58HaXsDfzA 
log in to your account .

NOTICE: All email sent to or from the Charles Schwab corporate email system may be retained, monitored, and/or reviewed by Schwab personnel.

Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., 3000 Schwab Way, Westlake, TX 76262-8104

   

(c)2026 Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. All rights reserved. Member 
https://click.email.schwab.com/?qs=ABB7InYiOjEsImQiOjQ4NTN9AAcAAAAAAFUrqbeWeBmUKxWn3-lQDFyETgChx1KUSQXWiqc-R93NO-oLHB1EEpd_vuOMtVEPpcFULlK4HIKVNAfDBrrdoEPhF6xbZimlEazhGKa4 
SIPC .

 

 

 

(1224-7SKD) EML126548-00 MKTED  (04/26)