Subject: I'm 46. Here are nutrition cheat codes I wish I knew at 26
From: Dan Go <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2026 15:04:50 +0000 (UTC)

​
Read this on Dango.co (
https://986419df.click.convertkit-mail4.com/92u7rmmxq9unh6rlqgwf9hzdvrkd3awh2kkqr/08hwh9h2e308e6tl/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZGFuZ28uY28vYmxvZy9pLW0tNDYtaGVyZS1hcmUtbnV0cml0aW9uLWNoZWF0LWNvZGVzLWktd2lzaC1pLWtuZXctYXQtMjY=
)​

I'm always looking for an edge.

If there is something that will make me healthier, fitter, and
more productive, I'm willing to test it.

I've experimented with thousands of things with my nutrition.
Most of them didn't work, but the ones that did have helped me
become healthier as a result of adding them.

So in today's article, I want to share with you some nutrition
cheat codes I've learned over the last 2 decades of being in the
industry.

Btw, I did a similar list of workout (
https://986419df.click.convertkit-mail4.com/92u7rmmxq9unh6rlqgwf9hzdvrkd3awh2kkqr/vqh3hrho0z250wcg/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZGFuZ28uY28vYmxvZy9mYXQtbG9zcy1jaGVhdC1jb2Rlcy1pLWtub3ctYXQtNDMtdGhhdC1pLXdpc2gtaS1rbmV3LWF0LTIz
), health (
https://986419df.click.convertkit-mail4.com/92u7rmmxq9unh6rlqgwf9hzdvrkd3awh2kkqr/m2h7h5h35dkr5xtm/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZGFuZ28uY28vYmxvZy9oZWFsdGgtY2hlYXQtY29kZXMtaS1rbm93LWF0LTQ0LXRoYXQtaS13aXNoLWkta25ldy1hdC0yNA==
), and fat loss cheat codes (
https://986419df.click.convertkit-mail4.com/92u7rmmxq9unh6rlqgwf9hzdvrkd3awh2kkqr/vqh3hrho0z250wcg/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZGFuZ28uY28vYmxvZy9mYXQtbG9zcy1jaGVhdC1jb2Rlcy1pLWtub3ctYXQtNDMtdGhhdC1pLXdpc2gtaS1rbmV3LWF0LTIz
) you can check out at the links.

This will not contain any of those, as these will be more focused
on nutrition.

Are you ready to hack your way to the healthiest version of you?
Let's get into it.

You ready? Let's go 🔥

******************************************************
Nutrition Cheat Codes I Know At 46 I Wish I Knew At 26
******************************************************

1. Stop/limit drinking alcohol

I know, I know. This is an obvious one, but it needs to be said.
Your body treats alcohol (
https://986419df.click.convertkit-mail4.com/92u7rmmxq9unh6rlqgwf9hzdvrkd3awh2kkqr/e0hph7h7v89xo9i8/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZGFuZ28uY28vYmxvZy9pLXN0b3BwZWQtZHJpbmtpbmctYWxjb2hvbA==
) as a toxin and burns it off before anything else, which means
fat burning stops the moment you drink. It also tanks your sleep,
spikes anxiety, and adds empty calories with zero nutritional
upside. If getting lean and energetic is the goal, this is the
single highest-leverage move on the list.

2. Stop eating 3 to 5 hours before bed

When you eat too close to bed, you force your body to digest food
when it should be resting. This can ruin sleep quality, gut
health, and has been associated with a negative impact on your
cardiovascular health. Also, the worst food decisions happen when
you're tired, and your willpower has been drained.

So set a hard stop of eating at least 3-5 hours before bed (
https://986419df.click.convertkit-mail4.com/92u7rmmxq9unh6rlqgwf9hzdvrkd3awh2kkqr/7qh7h8h9lrvg5kuz/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZGFuZ28uY28vYmxvZy9lYXRpbmctY2lyY2FkaWFuLXJoeXRobXM=
). Your body will thank you.

3. Drink this during the summer instead of alcohol

​
My go-to mocktail is sparkling water with fresh lime juice and
sea salt on the rim. The carbonation creates a mild sense of
fullness and stimulates digestive enzymes, the lime juice
contains compounds that support liver detoxification, and the sea
salt restores sodium and trace minerals your body loses
throughout the day.

4. Adopt the Japanese 80% rule

The Japanese call it hara hachi bu: eat until you're 80% full,
then stop. It's a staple practice in Okinawa, one of the
longest-living regions on earth. The key is to not eat to
absolute fullness and to leave a little space in the stomach to
allow for proper digestion.

5. Put your body on a meal schedule

How many meals does it take for you to feel full and sustain
energy throughout the day? Figure that out, then eat at the same
time every day. A predictable schedule trains your hunger
hormones, so you stop fighting random cravings and start running
on autopilot.

6. You need to be chewmaxxing

​
This means chewing your food enough until it becomes liquid in
your mouth before you swallow. 20 to 40 chews per bite, depending
on texture. Chewing each bite 40x vs 15x reduced calorie intake
by ~12% for a meal. It also lowered ghrelin and increased GLP-1
and CCK, hormones linked to satiety.

7. Don't drink water during meals

Drinking water mid-meal often means you haven't chewed enough. A
sip turns into a gulp, and suddenly you're washing down
half-chewed food instead of actually eating it. Water speeds up
eating. Slower eating means feeling fuller on less food.

8. Drink water before and after meals

A glass of water before eating stretches the stomach and sends
early fullness signals to the brain. Do the same after, and you
reinforce satiety without adding calories. The myth that water
disrupts digestion has been debunked multiple times.

9. Think of eating as a ratio, not a diet

Aim for 80 to 90% of your calories coming from whole,
single-ingredient foods. The other 10 to 20%? Enjoy it without
guilt. The all-or-nothing mindset is what wrecks most people. A
ratio lets you eat cake at your wife's birthday and get back on
track the next morning without drama.

10. Try psyllium husk to increase fullness and lower LDL
cholesterol

Psyllium husk is a plant fiber that improves satiety. I talked
about it in this newsletter here (
https://986419df.click.convertkit-mail4.com/92u7rmmxq9unh6rlqgwf9hzdvrkd3awh2kkqr/z2hghnhe6q9gx7hp/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZGFuZ28uY28vYmxvZy9pLW1heC1kb3NlZC1vbi1wc3lsbGl1bS1odXNrLWZvci0yMS1kYXlzLWJ1dC1kaWQtbm90LWV4cGVjdC1yaGlz
). If your LDL is creeping up and you want an option before going
the statin route, psyllium husk has been shown to reduce LDL
cholesterol by up to 25%. It's cheap, accessible, and easy to add
to a morning routine. Worth the experiment.

11. Drink the knockout sleep tea before bed

Dan Go-->

@CoachDanGo

I've been drinking a special sleep tea 2 hours before bed and
it's changed my life:

It contains chamomile, glycine, and electrolytes.

Chamomile relaxes me, while glycine improves sleep quality.

The electrolytes help me absorb water, so I don't wake up to go
pee at night. (
https://986419df.click.convertkit-mail4.com/92u7rmmxq9unh6rlqgwf9hzdvrkd3awh2kkqr/p8heh9h46nkvo5cq/aHR0cHM6Ly94LmNvbS9Db2FjaERhbkdvL3N0YXR1cy8yMDM3MTg0NjA2MDM4ODI3MTk2P3M9MjA=
)
3:7 PM • Mar 26, 2026

65
Retweets
1852
Likes

Read 125 replies (
https://986419df.click.convertkit-mail4.com/92u7rmmxq9unh6rlqgwf9hzdvrkd3awh2kkqr/p8heh9h46nkvo5cq/aHR0cHM6Ly94LmNvbS9Db2FjaERhbkdvL3N0YXR1cy8yMDM3MTg0NjA2MDM4ODI3MTk2P3M9MjA=
)
​
Chamomile contains apigenin, a compound that binds to GABA
receptors in the brain to promote relaxation, glycine lowers core
body temperature to improve sleep quality, and the electrolytes
help your cells absorb and retain water so you're not up at 2am
to pee.

12. Use the 20-minute rule after eating

Done eating and still feel a little hungry? Wait 20 minutes
before reaching for more food, and get busy. Satiety hormones
like leptin take about that long to reach your brain. Most of the
time, the hunger dissolves on its own.

13. Drink a protein shake before a meal

One of our clients couldn't hit his protein target and kept
overeating at meals. We had him drink a shake 20 to 30 minutes
before eating. It cut his appetite at the table and got him
closer to his daily protein goal at the same time. Two problems
solved with one habit.

14. Stop eating distracted

Eating in front of a screen gives your brain two dopamine signals
at once, which trains you to need more food to feel satisfied.
Put the phone down. Eat at a table. Your satiety signals work
better when eating is the only thing you're doing.

15. Go to bed slightly hungry

A little hunger at bedtime is a signal that you've been in a
slight calorie deficit that day. That's the goal when you're
losing fat. Hunger passes. Learning to be okay with it, rather
than immediately eating through it, is a skill that separates
people who reach their fat loss goals from people who don't.

16. Eat this 3-minute fat loss breakfast

​
My go-to breakfast is 250g of low-fat Greek yogurt, one scoop of
whey protein, a teaspoon of psyllium husk, and 100g of frozen
fruit. It's around 300 calories, 10 fiber, 40-50g of protein, and
full of micronutrients.

The Greek yogurt improves gut health and gives you a protein
boost. The whey delivers a fast-digesting muscle-building
protein, keeping you full for hours. Psyllium husk adds soluble
fiber that slows glucose absorption and feeds your gut
microbiome. The frozen fruit gives you natural sweetness and
micronutrients without spiking blood sugar.

Prep this the night before for a gut-friendly, high-protein,
high-fiber, delicious-tasting breakfast.

17. Use smaller plates

Your eyes are wired to your hunger signals. A smaller plate looks
full with less food on it, which tells your brain you're getting
a complete meal. People who switch to smaller dishes consistently
report feeling more satisfied with fewer calories. Try it for a
week.

18. Eat from blue plates

Blue is almost nonexistent in natural foods, which means your
brain may unconsciously associate it with food that isn't safe to
eat. Studies suggest eating from blue plates can reduce calorie
intake by subtly suppressing appetite. Sounds strange, but it's
one of those low-effort swaps worth testing.

19. Drink broth with your meals

Many Asian countries with the lowest obesity rates do this
regularly. Broth before or with a meal can reduce total calorie
intake by around 20%, largely due to its water content, volume,
and nutrient density. A simple vegetable broth is all it takes.

20. Move after you eat

Ten to fifteen minutes of walking or ten bodyweight squats after
a meal improves blood sugar control, boosts insulin sensitivity,
and aids digestion. Make it a family ritual, and it stops feeling
like a health habit and starts feeling like part of the day.

********************************************
Choose 1-2 From This List and Thank Me Later
********************************************

You don't need to implement all 20 of these at once. Pick one or
two that solve your biggest problem right now, and do them
consistently for 21 days.

The goal isn't perfection. It's building a version of yourself
who doesn't have to think so hard about this.

Onward and upward. 🚀

- Dan

P.S. We've got 7 spots left for our Lean Body Mastery program
coaching group in April.

If you're an entrepreneur with 15 or more pounds to lose, you may
be surprised by what's possible in 90 days.

If you're carrying 20 or more pounds, you're sitting on a gold
mine of untapped energy, focus, and performance you haven't
touched yet.

My team and I will work with you directly to lose the weight
without spending hours in the gym or giving up the foods you
actually enjoy.

We've done this with entrepreneurs across dozens of industries,
and the results follow the same pattern every time.

​If you're serious about being in your best shape, click here to
apply. (
https://986419df.click.convertkit-mail4.com/92u7rmmxq9unh6rlqgwf9hzdvrkd3awh2kkqr/x0hph6he258g0li5/aHR0cHM6Ly9wcmV2aWV3LmNvbnZlcnRraXQtbWFpbDQuY29tL2NsaWNrL2RwaGVoMGh6aG0vYUhSMGNITTZMeTlvYVdkb2NHVnlabTl5YldGdVkyVm1iM1Z1WkdWeUxtTnZiUzl3Y21sMllYUmxMV052WVdOb2FXNW5QM1YwYlY5emIzVnlZMlU5Ym1WM2MyeGxkSFJsY2laMWRHMWZiV1ZrYVhWdFBXVnRZV2xzSm5WMGJWOWpZVzF3WVdsbmJqMWpiMkZqYUY5aWJHRnpkRjloY0hKcGJERW1kWFJ0WDJOdmJuUmxiblE5WkdseVpXTjBYMnhwYm1zPQ==
)​

Disclaimer: This email is provided for educational and
informational purposes only and does not constitute providing
medical advice or professional services. The information provided
should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or
disease, and those seeking personal medical advice should consult
with a licensed physician.

​

​Unsubscribe (
https://986419df.unsubscribe.convertkit-mail4.com/92u7rmmxq9unh6rlqgwf9hzdvrkd3awh2kkqr
) | Update your profile (
https://preferences.convertkit-mail4.com/92u7rmmxq9unh6rlqgwf9hzdvrkd3awh2kkqr
) | 106-460 Doyle Ave, Kelowna, BC V1Y 0C2